Friday, March 7, 2008

Return of the Deviant Martial Arts

After many years of absence I've decided to return to an old fav hangout website called..DeviantArt. Yep, I can't believe that site now will be reaching its 8 years anniversary. So much has changed. So many talents and amazing artworks just by browsing through there. Well come visit!










My Dad has sent me these recently from the Philppines. The rest I'll be reposting on Flickr.


Here's a nice view of the front gate of our house, better known as The Mariano Headquarters, lol.
Looks like it's harvesting time. Just one of the many fishponds around.

My Dad's there now. He's hired people to renovate the place. (He's buzzing me right now on MSN as I'm typing this, haha..funny guy. I love this internet technology. )


















Can't wait to go this year with the whole fam. One of my good buddies whom I'll call Cho-Sen, is making plans on coming along with us. When it comes to Martial Arts, both him and another mutual buddy of ours named Jhadan are fearsomely amazing. I've mentioned them because they happen to have a lot of knowledge on the Filipino Martial Art disciplines. Like Eskrima, Arnis and Kali for example. Cho-Sen has been wanting to visit my homeland for some time now and he's quite excited about visiting some of the temples and learn from the masters. Heck he's got me hyped, lol. He's already been to Korea more than four times and has gotten some serious dojo trainings. Way to go bro. Ya know I'm next!, lol :P

Man, here I am full Flip and I don't even know squat about some of my countrys own Arts..boo. Well thanks to both of these guys I've come to really appreciate and learn more about my own culture in that way. I guess it's just one of those things I didn't get the chance to learn about when my family and I moved here to Canada. I think it's cool now and going to be some fun journeys ahead. Kiyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment