Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Wow what a trip. This has to be one of my favourite long weekends ever...Right now I'll need more sleep I think to adjust back to my regular grind...and post up a nice entry for this blog.

I added new link here. I consider him a good friend in the industry and actually I bumped into more several familiar faces on this trip...anyways..I'll continue later. Can't write much right now..I need my Zzzz's!

Biten by a Wolfe
Oh I just had to add this in. Here's my friend James standing in front of an artist booth admiring a particular art print. Hmmm..that piece up there does look familiar. The image of the Super Skrull vs. The Fantastic Four. Oh wait didn't I colored just one like that?, lol. According to the artist, his name is Marc Wolfe (the bald guy sitting behind the booth) he got the artwork from some charity and that he himself colored the actual piece. Took him about 8hrs he says. Ohh boy..I thought to my self, "Wow, if ya only knew buddy."...*warning, this one bites big time!! Just by looking at the print up close, I could tell that he essentialy just colored overtop of the finished piece and did his dabbles. Wha?

For $10 or I think $15 a print, I hope the money is really going towards a good cause, lol. I mean there wasn't really any original stuff that this guy was producing. So I kept it cool and let the man have fun in the sun, plus I ain't the type to create a scene.

Eventually, I hope this guy will realize that he'll have to create something original. Start something from a blank piece of paper. Better yet, stop fooling and claimining other people's works.

Below are more pics from Chicago:
Woah. They do exist! The infamous mini burgers at White Castle.

The concert at the Rosemount Theatre was awesome, although it would've been sweeter if they had the Tron cycle on stage like they had in LA. My fav was this pianist and she played 10 themes from the Final Fantasy series. All I can say was, dengg she's good. Espanol hair salon. Ci. I hope these guys have the permission to use that image.
Wrigley Field Stadium...Go Cubs Go.












No comments:

Post a Comment