Monday, December 10, 2007

Making a difference


Dave Watkins. Wow, haha. I know this guy! From wayyy back at 'Shockstudios'. In fact he's in the picture from my previous postings. I think this news is cool and worthy of noting. I just found out that he received the Governor General's Award for Excellence in Teaching Canadian History last month. Big props and congrats Dave. Good for him. The man has 'delivered', haha.

On another awesome note. Wacom sponsored a drawing contest called 'Graffiti Monster Contest' on Facebook and guess who won?? :D hehe. From what I took as my daily digital sketches, turned into something fun ;).

There were 6 categories and the rules were that only one artist can win in any set. A lot of people entered and I think they said over five thousand or ten thousand entries. Yikes. Over 500,000+ voters. 4 of my pieces made it to the top 150. Afterwards the judges then picked the final winners and posted it on the site. When I found the results that two of my entries won..(that meant I was going to receive 2 Wacom tablets?!), haha, it was just too good to be true. And indeed it was :(, Booo, lol. Well they made a mistake with the voting, haha, dang. I'm still getting my prize and it was nice of them to add a direct link to my piece.
Check here and view the gallery page and see the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment